We believe there is too much emphasis out there on achieving a certain number, and too little on achieving your dreams. So we’ve reimagined financial advice with a truly personal approach. Our goal: To help you live your best life.
You can trust your experience working with Mosaic will be different. But, what does that really mean to you?
• You will feel listened to. We talk less and listen more. We strive to fully understand your hopes and circumstances.
• You will feel at ease. We rely on evidence-based strategies that help minimize your risk. Then we explain everything to you in plain language, so you can feel comfortable about how your money is being put to work for you.
• You will feel confident. With Mosaic taking care of the details, you are freed up to focus on the big picture of your life. Your confidence will increase as you make steady progress towards your goals.
• You will have peace of mind. We’re a registered independent, fee-only, fiduciary advisor, so we only serve you. You can rest assured that the advice you get from us is unbiased, transparent, and always in your best interest.
In 1987, after working in the industry for a little while, Norm Boone saw a need for personalized, holistic financial planning. Norm believed then, as he does now, that every person has the ability to achieve financial independence by making good decisions about spending and saving. Turned off by the inherent bias of commissioned firms, he founded a firm designed to avoid potential conflicts of interest prevalent in the industry at the time.
In 2005, the independent San Francisco wealth management firm Norm founded added Kevin Gahagan as a principal, and we were renamed Mosaic Financial Partners, Inc. Mosaic because we work with the many parts of your life, incorporating both the personal and financial pieces into a meaningful whole. Financial Partners because we partner with you to help you achieve your unique vision of success.
From its inception, Mosaic has been, and continues to be, an innovator:
• We were at the forefront of the fee-only movement.
• We were among the first independent wealth management firms to offer ETFs as a lower-cost investment option.
• We helped pioneer the use of personal investment policy statements that bring transparency, discipline and client understanding to the investment process.
• We continue to innovate with Mosaic’s Women’s Circles, a quarterly discussion series that is designed to empower and educate women about the world of finance.
We believe the unique client centric wealth management experience we offer combined with our history of innovation and leadership is the reason we’re trusted with managing more than half a billion in assets for our San Francisco Bay Area community.
The heart of Mosaic is our team, driven by a culture that is focused on delivering industry-leading service to you. Our core values are:
Commitment to Service. We serve our clients first and seek ways to go beyond the call of duty. We will be responsive, anticipatory, respectful, and accurate. We will give back to our clients, our community and to our profession.
It’s Our Passion, Not Just a Job. We will continually strive for excellence and be fully engaged. We take initiative.
Intellectual Curiosity. We are driven to understand. We are committed to continuous learning and to being your thought leader in finance.
Responsible Stewardship. We put your interests first at all times. We take seriously the responsibility of handling and managing the resources with which you’ve entrusted us. We work as partners to help each other grow and succeed.
Choosing who you partner with on your wealth management and investment journey can seem overwhelming. With so many options out there, we strive to help everyone find their best fit.
You can contact us to learn more and if you’d like, you’ll be able to speak to an advisor. Just like you, we want a “good fit” with our clients. We want you to understand as much as possible to help you find the right advisor.
If it’s Mosaic, great! If not, not to worry: we will get you pointed in the right direction.